Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009!!


I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I can't believe 2008 has already come and gone! We had a great Christmas here in Provo with Jen and Lance. We got to see the Nutcracker (previous blog), spend Christmas Eve together, and wake up to presents a plenty! We woke up at 5 am because Jen had to go into work. It was early but very fun!

On Christmas Eve we made a special ham dinner. Lance made the delicious ham, while Scott and I made potatoes and green bean casserole. Jen had made some rolls before work (she worked both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day). Scott and I also brought home the Christmas tree from work to borrow it for the effect. I think it worked out nicely. :)

Here is our dinner:
Preparation-


About to EAT-

After dinner, Jen retold our family tradition story: How Mrs. Claus Saved Christmas. We didn't have the story in front of us, so she retold it from memory including voices! After the funny story, we read the Christ story from Luke. It's always nice to remember the Savior on Christmas. Scott and I went to a Planetarium show a couple weeks ago where they talked about the Star of David and some theories behind it. They also speculated as to why we celebrate on December 25. What a special time that must have been for those who lived on the earth, and knew of the promises made. I hope to also keep Christ a part of Christmas. When we finished the story and talked a little about what we had learned, we each opened one present. Generally in my family we open all of the "family gifts" on Christmas Eve and then open "Santa" presents on Christmas morning. This way the gifts are somewhat separated. But, this year most of the presents came from family, so we decided to just open one. I wanted Scott to open one from me because I had gotten him a stocking! I'd wanted to get him one, but I couldn't ever find one I liked. Finally on Christmas Eve, I ran to Roberts to see what they had left. They had ONE stocking left... no others, I checked. I loved it!! He was so surprised. I didn't want Santa to pass him by! It was a Christmas Miracle! Here is him opening the stocking:

I opened a game called "Buzz Word" from my little brother, Christopher. Lance opened a new Wii game from Christopher and Jen opened, from Lance, new hair ribbons. We played Buzz Word (Jen and Lance won, but maybe I shouldn't mention that), and after Jen went to bed (she had to work)--Scott and Lance stayed up playing the Wii.
I just laid on the couch and fell asleep. Christmas morning came early! Scott got me a new NorthFace Apex jacket (which I love!), Smartwool socks for outdoor fun, the short story "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" by F. Scott Fitzgerald (we went and saw the movie yesterday and LOVED it... it's nothing like the book though). It was a very successful morning :)
Thank you all for touching our lives in one way or another. I wish you the best year yet for 2009!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! You guys are so cute.