Monday, July 13, 2009

Our Bounty!


Hurray! We were able to eat some of the bounty of our garden yesterday! They were the freshest squash and zucchini I've ever eaten... seeping with delicious goodness. I'm pretty sure they both popped out of nowhere and grew to full size in less than a week! However, we will have to start giving them away soon. We just went out this evening and we have almost 2 full size squash and 5 that are 1/2 to 2 inches long already! I only see 1 or 2 zucchini inching along. There are lots of little green tomatoes... but they are slower growing.

Here's how big the garden is now after only 5 weeks of planting the little seedlings!

From the side:And for those that don't remember, here's the garden one of the first couple of weeks:

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice work!! We just made planter boxes last weekend and planted some seeds... should take much longer for ours to look as great as yours! I'm jealous!

VH said...

Looks great! I wish I could taste test your bounty. Love the VA shirt. And braces? What?! How long will you have those on?

Heather said...

That is so great! I really want to have a garden someday. No room for it now...but someday :)

Michelle said...

Post again! I want to know what's going on :-)

PS. My word verification is sneurabs. I think that's funny!

Marcie said...

Hey Christina! Yay for gardens! I'm really impressed with how well yours turned out.
I think Hawaii is awesome, I'm sure you and Scott will be able to come back a lot since you came on your honeymoon here. We went snorkleing in Shark's Cove since it's on the north shore and we're living in Laie. I would love to go again and have heard that Hanauma Bay has a lot of fish. We leave next week so we'll see what we can accomplish before then.
Oh, and braces?! I always thought you had gorgeous teeth. It's a good experience, though, so you can bond with your future pre-teens when they get braces.