9 years ago
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Up a Creek with a Paddle
We are trying make a more concentrated effort to take pictures on the fun dates we have. Yesterday we decided to go canoe down the Provo River. Scott steered on our way to Utah Lake, and I steered on the way back. After about 10 seconds of us switching (and I was the one steering) we ended up in a tree. At this point Scott asks "do you know how to steer?" I said "no." We had an adventure back up the river as Scott taught me how to steer a canoe. :)

We saw lots of ducks on our trip down the river and tried chasing them a few times... it's much easier for them to escape since they have wings. But, we had fun anyway. Have you ever noticed that it sounds like a duck is laughing when they quack at you?
We even saw a turtle in the water. I tried looking for more, but didn't see any. All in all, it was a fun trip!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
At least you didn't put Scott in the water like mom did with me when we canoed down clear creek to have a picnic at Challenger park!!!
Nobody fell in the lake... thank goodness... that water is unfit for human hands (or faces for that matter!)
Looks like fun! I love canoeing :) In answer to your question-the decoration on my wall was actually made by Monica-your cousin, my sister in law. She used the flowers from my wedding boquet to make it so it's pretty special :) I like it a lot.
Post a Comment